… A major knowledge gap exists between managers in industrial, commercial and governmental organisations who need to run the business but are confused by the IT systems, and the ‘techies’ who deliver working IT solutions but are not addressing the business needs. http://www.cranfield.ac.uk
It is odd to think that there is a wealth of information in your corporate data that is just not being leveraged. Why because the way in which we traditionally deliver that data to our managers, staff and shareholders is not transparent, it is not easy to read and generally represents the historic data and not the analysis.
This failure represents a serious cost to any business and this is now being recognised by the large organisations using some of the tools available such as IBM’s Business Analytics. These tools are however aimed at the large enterprise market and the small business owner still has to sit down with a pen and paper or his spreadsheet to extract the data in a form he wants from his accounting software – such as Saga50 – or his production software. It does not of course mean that these programs do not produce reports of their own, they do, trial balances, last months VAT etc are all available but this is neither forecasting or visually interesting data, in fact from most systems it is always what has happened rather than what may happen.
Small business are the people that we had in mind when we designed the Fern Leaf MIS. We want to allow companies to:
- Identify their strengths and weaknesses due to the presence of revenue reports, order performance records etc.
- Identifying these aspects can help a company improve its business processes and operations.
- Give an overall picture of the company.
- Act as a communication and planning tool.
- The availability of customer data and feedback can help the company to align its business processes according to the needs of its customers.
- The effective management of customer data can help the company to perform direct marketing and promotion activities.
- Help a company gain a competitive advantage. Competitive advantage is a firm’s ability to do something better, faster, cheaper, or uniquely, when compared with rival firms in the market.
We have developed a platform that will allow us to bring data together in one place from different business systems allowing you to see how that data interacts. In a world of Big Data we need to make sure that we can access that information which is critical to our business.
- Permissions, Rights, Policies
- Ad-hoc teams
- Interactive Tables
- In line graghics
- Live Data
- Different Styles
- Active Data
- Data Points
- Communication and Comments
Having developed the platform we recognised that every business has its own individual needs. Whilst two companies may look the same from the outside, both manufacturing the same product selling in the same market place the internal needs may be very different if say one is family owned and the other venture capital funded. So we can provide different reports, analysis, drill down, KPI’s depending on the companies needs.
If you want to discuss how this application may work for you then please contact us here and we will look forward to seeing how we can help your business florish.